CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 12, 2008



THE PINK CORSET

I wanted to do a piece that was a little grungy, but still feminine. I use a lime green with a burnt umber wash, then added the romance effect with a scroll stamp dipped in burnt umber. I wanted a more blotchy look, so I chose paint over ink. The girl is an image transfer, with certain areas painted with a pink wash to maintain transparency.
Can you imagine having to wear one of these things. What women do for beauty always amazes me. The human waist was never meant to be that small.






1 comments:

Jane said...

I know what you mean, I live in Bath UK and we have a costume nuseum here with many dresses that from Jane Austins time....they we so small!
Even the mens, I think I had a waist as small as that when I was 9 years old!

Lovely work btw.